Planning to buy a pre-owned car? thoroughly research to get maximum information about used cars in Oahu from various marketplaces and car reviews website or from friends or from available car dealers in your vicinity.
Following are some of the do’s and don’ts to keep in mind before thinking to buy used cars in oahu.
Do’s while buying Used Cars in Oahu
- To start with, check registration year of the used car you are intending to buy. Generally, any car from 3-4 years with up to 13,000 to 17,000 kilometers drive can be considered to purchase.
- Check the manufacturing year of the car by its odometer. There may be chances that you find odometer tampered.
- Check the Engine as its unusual sounds or emission of blue/black smoke is you accelerate. Also, check the exhaust for any oil it sprouts.
- Checking out the bonnet is essential to work to do and ask the seller if the car was painted in the past by the owner.
- Check the condition of the tires and you may save a few more bucks by bargaining here. Do look for the alignment Wheels. Bearing and springs are also an equally important aspect to check before purchasing a used car.
- Look out for electronic components including dippers, Air- conditioner, headlights, cabin lights, reverse lights, hind lights, and the stereo.
- Also, check the existing car battery if it is new or not. If it is not, then you have another chance to bargain and save some more money.
Don’ts while buying used cars in Oahu
- Don’t purchase a car without comparing with other models and dealers.
- Do not go for any online payments even if the dealer insists you for advance payments.
- Don’t purchase a used car on the roadside as it might be rebuilt and being illegally sold by any unauthorized dealer.
- Do not miss going for a test drive. It is only a test drive which can give you overall feel and good condition of the car you are intending to buy.
- Don’t purchase a used car without the help of Mechanic or professional inspection as only he will be telling you the real picture of the car you buying.
- Do not forget researching well about the model and the brand you have chosen. Also, don’t miss to check if the dealer is authorized or not.
- Do not just purchase on the sale price mentioned by the dealer, you have enough room to bargain well over the price quoted for a used car.